Director Zen Broadcast
Andy brings to Zen over twenty years of music industry experience and project management knowledge and more than 21 years of real-world experience in both the military and music industries. With a track record of exemplary leadership, he is now spearheading Zen Broadcast in the commercial sector. He has recording/mixing and marketing, experience in both studio/broadcast and live environments. Experience in licensing and management of on-line/digital/new media arenas.
Comprehensive working knowledge of audio DAWs Pro Tools, Sadie and Logic.
Exceptional knowledge of recording studio operations, television broadcasting experience, audio encoding/decoding, multi-track board operation, music production, engineering, CD production.
Production team management skills.
Excellent knowledge of orchestral composition, orchestral programming, score reading and transposition.
Experience in electronics, synthesis and acoustic design.
Full understanding and usage of: Macintosh OSX, Pages, Numbers, and Windows environments XP, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Excellent organisation and communication skills.
Strong work ethic, highly motivated and self-disciplined.
Royal Marines Band Service Recording SNCO and Production Team Manager, May 2002-present.
- Facilities Manager of Chevron Recordings, the recording label of the Royal Marines Band Service.
- Manage a focused and driven team who maintain production, replication, distribution, copyright and licensing of all audio products. Over see the graphic design department in all published artwork.
- Spearhead strategic partnerships with influential tastemakers iTunes, Amazon and Spotify, using the web as a promotional platform to increase the profile and distribution of the company.
- Produce, Edit, Mix and Master for CD and DVD media platforms recorded in both studio and live environments, i.e Air Studios, Maida Vale, Abbey Road, the Royal Albert Hall, Royal Festival Halls and Sage Gateshead.
- Record, Produce, Edit, Mix and Master audio, not only for the Royal Marines Band Service, but artists such as Dame Shirley Bassey, Brian May, Jamie Cullum, Imogen Heap, Bill Bailey, Alfie Boe to name but a few.
- 2010-2011 Broadcast mix consultant for the BBC working with a variety of engineers and artists to ensure the quality of a primetime BBC show.
- Producer for the Decca record label at both Maida Vale and Air studios. This involved recording, editing, part mastering, audio programming and project management of an album, which, to date has sold over 60k albums.
- Audio programing skills for both production and live environments, including classical audio enhancement, pop production and film. Extensive knowledge of Celemony Melodyne, Antares Auto tune, Structure and Logic.
- Production Team Manager for all live Royal Marines events both nationally and Internationally, from small function bands to massed band events for the Royal Family.
- Assistant to the stores Officer. As subject matter expert the role entails research, advise and supervision in purchase of all electronic audio equipment for the Royal Marines Band Service.
Assistant Royal Marines Band Service Recording NCO and Royal Marines Musician – Royal Marines Band Portsmouth (Royal Band), April 1996 – May 2002
- Assistant in day to day running of Chevron Recordings, manage small recordings and assist in all large recording projects.
- Manage all MCPS AP2 licensing.
- Engagement manage a percentage of band events. This included client liaison, VIP consultancy, logistic management, invoicing and rehearsal organisation.
- Engineering management, including liaison with a venues show department, designing riders, soundesign and show mixing.
- Performing as an instrumentalist to the highest possible standard in a number of musical combinations from Dance Band to Orchestra, playing clarinet, sax and viola.
- 1997-1999 manager of the retail department, this involved the sourcing of merchandise, dealing with clients and suppliers on a day to day basis. Being the FPOC for the public at concerts.
EDUCATION & TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science (Hons) – Audio Production
SAE Oxford scheduled to graduate Spring 2012
Thesis: Valve Microphones – Research, design, test and build a working model. Can an industry leading microphone be matched on a minimum budget?
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) – Music
University of Portsmouth – 2002 – 2006
Royal Marines M1‘s Music and Conducting Course
Royal Marines School of Music – 2004
An intense course including comprehensive study of music history, analysis, composition and conducting.
Senior Command Course
Commando Training Center, Lympstone, Devon – 2004
A six week management promotion course. an extremely arduous military course, designed to develop and test leadership, medical, battle field, command, fitness and interpersonal skills.
Guest Lecturer – SAE Headquarters UK – 2011
Location Recording in the live environment.
Driving Licence Full/Clean
Health Excellent; non-smoker
Member of PLASSA- 2002- present
Available on request.